Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, first thx to all of you posting on here. Your threads have made my life way easier during all my projects.
I hope some of you can help me out with this one here.
Right now installing some additional ports in the back of my 2015 Wrangler Sport. I dont have the amp and factory cigarette lighter installed. Taking off the panels in the back I was more than happy to see some kind of unused connector of which I thought it would be a 12V line. Unfortunately while checking the voltage with and without the ignition on I couldnt get any power from the wire. I checked the fuse box for missing fuses as i thought that jeep might keep the line unpowered since there was no amp installed. No luck there either. Using this connector or better the wires would be much more convenient
than putting a complete new wire from the front. Has anybody got an idea how to get power on that line and what I am missing here? thanks for your help...attached some pics from the connector...:thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Mine had juice to it when I tested it? Do you have the power port in the dash? One fuse for both ports (dash and rear) If you have no dash power port, the fuse that controls both maybe missing. Sorry, don't know the fuse number, but a search will find you the number your looking for.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In fact I do have two other power ports. One is in the dash and only powered when the ignition is on, the other one is in the middle console/glovebox btwn the two front seats and permanently powered. I have the Wranglers Owner manual where it talks under the fuse list section of up to 3 power sockets with different fuses. All 3 fuses do exist in the fuse box under the hood although I didnt have the subwoofer , which normally should only have the 3rd power outlet installed. Thats why I was surprised in first place seeing that cable lying under the cover. .....

·
Registered
983 Posts
Maverik - The rear DC plug on my '15 JKWW was tucked under the rug just forward of the rollbar on the passenger side and after I fished it out it was already hot. It is powered from fuse M7 on the fuse block and that fuse can be powered from either the battery or the accessory circuit depending on how you insert the fuse into two of the three contacts in the fuse block. My DC connector was black and did not have the dummy plug to cover the contacts that yours has. I should also say that, like you, my Jeep did not have an amp, subwoofer, or rear DC outlet options from the factory. On a '15 wrangler there is one connector between the rear outlet connector and the fuse block. The console outlet also goes through that connector, so if the console outlet is hot then the rear outlet should work providing, the M7 fuse isn't missing or blown.

Happy Trails
Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Bob, thanks for your reply and the schematic. All I can say is that I checked all fuses, including the M7 one in both positions , hot and ignition wired, no luck. I checked the fuse, intact, and measured the voltage directly at the fuse box on M7 against ground on chassis where I got the full 12. something Volt. So the box is definately okay. I tried to follow the cable from the connector in the back all the way on the passenger side to the front. Its there and ending in some huge grey connector underneath the glove box and in the Nirvana of the elec bus system. Hard to tell where its going from there..for now I wired it as a secondary option to the power port underneath the middle console. Wasnt my preferred way..but what to do. Suggestions on how to get the other line powered still welcome...Mav

·
Registered
983 Posts
Maverick - On a '15 it goes from the fuse box to the connector under the dash and then on to the rear outlet plug. What year is your Wrangler?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts