Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone played around w power programers... ive been looking at the hypertech for my 09 jk... ive played around with other programers for f150 but didnt know if there was a different one jeepers use or like better

·
Banned
1,962 Posts
To use my favorite phrase:

SEARCH!

There is a TON of info on this site about this VERY topic. Superchips is superior, in short. Run a search, and find out for yourself :) Mark W.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I've got a Superchip and love it. it makes 4.10's with 35's and an automatic doable for me :D

what exactly do you want to know? I've played around with mine alot.

in a nutshell, you can change idle rpm's, maximize power performance and mpg, change auto trans shift patterns, correct speedometers, lock axles, and it's even got a dedicated off-road low throttle response tune, and it can monitor fluid and engine temps, and acts as a code reader. uh, you can set speed and rev limiters too.

it's nice. if you're even THINKING about getting one, do it.

Hypertech's are nice, but the Superchip has more features. IMO, it's #1 with Hypertech at 2.

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
I just did a trip & got 17.5 mpg on the freeway with 35's & 513 gearing, 65 - 75 mile per' hour. Around town I have been getting 16.4. I have had the superchip programmer for a while so this is probly' fairly accurate now, they do say to update every so often & re install b/c they add stuff all the time & they are getting newer & better all the time.

·
Trail Mom
2,864 Posts
I would kill or die to get 17 on the highway.
Unfortunately, the chips don't do the same thing for the TJs as they do the JKs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts