Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Katzkin leather seats and Dorman seat heaters in our 2014 JKS. The instructions suggest connecting the fused power lead to a switched prong in the fuse box. That is under the hood. Where can I connect the leads from each seat?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The Jeep kit gets power from the switched power port in the center console. Mine was the left one and that is where I hooked up mine.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ditto! It also allows mine to come on when I run the remote starter. There are some great write ups on the whole procedure, and switch placements, as well as power source options.

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Sorry to resurrect and old thread but I ran into an issue with my installation. I connected the seat heaters to the lighter wiring as everyone else did. However my kit came with lighted switches. I connected the illumination lead to the lighter as well. Could the constant draw of the illumination circuit cause the ECM to reset to the point of no bus? If so is the lighter circuit ok for the main power line? I just replaced the stereo so I connected the illumination line to the appropriate line on the radio can bus adapter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts