Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the bracket for the steer sector the same for power steering as it is for manual. Im asking because i would like to change over from manual to power steering on my 93 YJ 2.5. And will the cherokees use the same sector and bracket?
Thanks

·
Registered
339 Posts
My 2.5 power steering set up is all from a 4.0 Cherokee. Gear box, pitman arm, pump and reservoir, and the mounting bracket. The only thing I had to get was new hoses made and a v-belt pulley. One of the best mods I've done..

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 92 with manual steering and would like to upgrade. Was the conversion from the Cherokee difficult? No other snags? Thanks.
Jim

·
Registered
339 Posts
I have a 92 with manual steering and would like to upgrade. Was the conversion from the Cherokee difficult? No other snags? Thanks.
Jim
Other than finding a v-belt pulley that worked and getting new hoses made, the only other issue I ran into was spacing the mounting bracket out so my belt was parallel with my fan belt. Everything else was a remove and replace.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts