Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Power Steering Issues

745 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  pkrfctr
Was on the way home tonight and all of a sudden whenever I am going very slow or stopped, it is almost impossible for me to turn the wheel. I am suspecting that this is a power steering issue, but can anyone confirm that or tell me anything specific to check/replace? Thanks!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1997 TJ Iron Squirrel
285 Posts
Also, check for any trouble codes (don't remember the exact key dance off hand). The TJ has a sensor in the pressure line that is prone to leaking. Also check fluid levels and for any leaking/staining from the underside. Unfortunately our steering gear goes commando on these rigs so everything just hangs out in the breeze...

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked fluid levels, they aren't too low but I defiantly need to add some, and I literally just replaced the belt about 2 or 3 days ago so that shouldn't be the issue. I am going to take a good look at it this weekend and probably end up replacing the pump to see if that fixes the issue

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.