Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on the way home tonight and all of a sudden whenever I am going very slow or stopped, it is almost impossible for me to turn the wheel. I am suspecting that this is a power steering issue, but can anyone confirm that or tell me anything specific to check/replace? Thanks!

·
Registered
1997 TJ Iron Squirrel
286 Posts
Also, check for any trouble codes (don't remember the exact key dance off hand). The TJ has a sensor in the pressure line that is prone to leaking. Also check fluid levels and for any leaking/staining from the underside. Unfortunately our steering gear goes commando on these rigs so everything just hangs out in the breeze...

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Get a look at your belt also, check the tension.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked fluid levels, they aren't too low but I defiantly need to add some, and I literally just replaced the belt about 2 or 3 days ago so that shouldn't be the issue. I am going to take a good look at it this weekend and probably end up replacing the pump to see if that fixes the issue

·
Registered
57 Posts
to check codes push the trip reset button and hold it while you turn the key off and on three times, dont start it just turn to the on position. The codes will flash on the dash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts