Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning. I'm replacing the power steering pump and reservoir on my 93 Jeep YJ with 4.0 engine. Everything is new and I removed the return elbow to install the pump with the provided clips, but the reservoir connection will not fit the pump...it's too big. Even the supplied oring will not fit inside the PS pump port. Anyone have a solution?
Thanks, Rut

·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
Can you post a couple pics of the problem?
You might take everything (old and new) back to the parts store and see if they can help you. With vehicles this old, we never know what a previous owner (PO) might have cobbled together.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LM,
Thanks for the reply and everything is new. I've already installed the new pulley on the new pump and started to install the reservoir, but no joy, the plastic is too big for the return port on the pump.
Rut

·
Registered
3,841 Posts
I'd take the old and the new back to where every I got it and let them have a look and it you the right one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd take the old and the new back to where every I got it and let them have a look and it you the right one.
I would do that, but everything was purchased on the inter web. I've sent a note to the place I bought the reservoir from in hopes that they could enlighten me.
Thanks, Rut

·
Super Moderator
11,087 Posts
I would do that, but everything was purchased on the inter web. I've sent a note to the place I bought the reservoir from in hopes that they could enlighten me.
Thanks, Rut
That's why I prefer to buy locally. The net is fine if there are no issues, but when problems such as Perdidos arise, the problems can be difficult to resolve.

Some parts store counter clerks are knowledgeable and others are still learning. If a customer gets to know the different clerks, he can decide which ones to listen to.
When you buy on the net, all you get to help you make your choice is a pic that may or may not be accurate and a description that may or may not answer your questions.

When I do buy on the net, I start with Amazon Prime. They seem to have the best service and I trust them to resolve any issues promptly.
EBAY can be a crapshoot, however I've had pretty good luck there also.

Good Luck, L.M.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts