Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These brakes were exactly what I was looking for. I wanted more stopping power and boy did I get it. Went with the PS Extreme front and rear pads and rotors. Jeep brakes so well compared to OEM. I have no problem locking up my 33’s now. Love the bite of these brakes. Very quiet with no sound at all. And very minimal brake dust.

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
These brakes were exactly what I was looking for. I wanted more stopping power and boy did I get it. Went with the PS Extreme front and rear pads and rotors. Jeep brakes so well compared to OEM. I have no problem locking up my 33’s now. Love the bite of these brakes. Very quiet with no sound at all. And very minimal brake dust.
Did you get the Powerstop kit with pads and rotors or just the pads?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I put the Z36 kit on mine, slots and holes. No mud here. Brakes great, silent, little dust. I think you would have to be in serious mud before the holes became an issue. Wranglers don't really need the holes and slots but that's the way they came.

Reactions: Freedom JK

·
Premium Member
7,219 Posts
I replaced the pads, rotors and calipers on my TJ (130K miles) with the PS brakes, but didn't go with the Z36 since it is stock with OEM size tires. The Z16 (solid rotor) sets were all I needed. They have been on for about six months and are doing great. I had planned to replace the calipers and had the parts on hand when one of the originals seized. (My timing was good). With the heavier JKU I would have gone Z36. But it will be a while since my Chief still has less than 20K on it.

At least for the TJ calipers, they are remanufactured (New OEM part N/A). After stripping they clean and powdercoat them red, then put new internals in. They even still have the Mopar part numbers cast on the housings. I was impressed for they came with all the bolts needed as well. OEM would not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts