Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I saw this a few weeks ago, still have the same opinion - not for me.

BarkerTop power soft top

What do you guys think? Anyone have experience with it?

I personaly think it blocks an awful lot since it doesn't seem to lay all that flat like a regular soft top does. Might be really convenient though.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
not for me. if i wanted power i would have bought a jag or other suitable convertable.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I wouldn't mind it on my Jeep if it was really affordable. I actually don't mind the factory one; it makes me feel I own a Jeep as opposed to a convertible Saab or some car like that.:D

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
$3000 would buy a winch and bumper with change to spar or a great lift & tires. Just one more electronic gizmo to short out when it gets wet and it will get wet.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
whiteyj said:
$3000 would buy a winch and bumper with change to spar or a great lift & tires. Just one more electronic gizmo to short out when it gets wet and it will get wet.

that and the fact that it crunches the rear windows. i have enough trouble keeping mine nice without crumbling them into a ball when i want the top down.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
khenderson said:
that and the fact that it crunches the rear windows. i have enough trouble keeping mine nice without crumbling them into a ball when i want the top down.
I wondered about how nice they could stay getting all wanked up like that. It looks like it does a number on them.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Whoa! :eek: Three grand? No thanks. You can buy a ton of other stuff for that amount of money.

I'd run the factory soft top (manual) or a full or half bikini top and deal with it before I dropped that kind of change on a power top. ;)

Did you look at the Viking Soft Top link I posted in a thread yesterday? Here it is: http://vikingoffroad.com/viking_fastback_conversion.html

If this EVER hits the market it should be well worth the $ 600.00.

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't even look at the price. Wow. I don't like the thing anyway and certainly not for that type of money. My top is mostly off with the weather here. Viking's soft top looks pretty cool. It seems to be just as convenient as this power top without screwing up the windows. But I have stock beastie and $600 could go better elsewhere.

In fact, I'm wondering if I could get it past my children that they want a lift and set of tires for christmas. They are boys after all. What boy wouldn't want a lift and a set of beefy tires? Yeah, I know, won't work. But I tried.

·
Fields of pain is where I graze
3,324 Posts
that's a little to high class for me

·
3,324 Posts
give a man a tarp and he can conquer the world

·
3,324 Posts
or just cover stuff. either way.

·
3,324 Posts
damn tiny, you're all over this place.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
That junk is not for me either. Hell I only paid 50 bucks from some guy for the bikini top I have and it hasn't been off the jeep in over a year.

For 3k, I could replace my entire front axle with HP44 or switch out my suspension. Nope, no darn convertible top is getting in the way of that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts