Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Today I had an interesting glitch with the power windows on my jeep. I'm not sure why, but the front windows wouldn't work. both rear worked fine, but both front wouldn't. I thought maybe it was something to to with the door connectors?

But I thought it was weird how the back would work and the front wouldn't and couldn't think of any reason why this would happen. so for *hits and giggles i shut the jeep off, and started it back up. low and behold, the windows work again!

Must have just been a glitch in the BCM programming? I cant think of anything else that could cause it.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I have had the issue once in the 4 months I've had my JK.

From what I've been able to find, it's just a Jeep thing.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
783 Posts
I had the issue. Found a loose (Eng Compartment) Fuse that was slightly sticking out. ReSeated and the Intermittent Power Windows has NOT RETURNED.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Today I had an interesting glitch with the power windows on my jeep. I'm not sure why, but the front windows wouldn't work. both rear worked fine, but both front wouldn't. I thought maybe it was something to to with the door connectors?

But I thought it was weird how the back would work and the front wouldn't and couldn't think of any reason why this would happen. so for *hits and giggles i shut the jeep off, and started it back up. low and behold, the windows work again!

Must have just been a glitch in the BCM programming? I cant think of anything else that could cause it.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
Mine did the same just today. Turned Jeep off for a few seconds and when I restarted it the windows worked fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had this happen to my 2015 JKU if I try to lower the front windows immediately after starting the Jeep. Restarted and all was normal. Now I waited 2 seconds before lowering the windows.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The left rear power window in my 2015 JKU stops working from time to time then starts up again. No control from front or rear window switch I have reseated the fuses but cant think of what else may be the problem. Ideas?

·
Registered
783 Posts
The left rear power window in my 2015 JKU stops working from time to time then starts up again. No control from front or rear window switch I have reseated the fuses but cant think of what else may be the problem. Ideas?
If you dont have schematics, might want to get some. If you know how to use a Voltmeter, pick another door that works, located the switch plug and identify Pin Power/Ground. If not, cant help ya.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Same here this happened to me once and has not happened again in over a month.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had the same intermittent issue with my rear power windows at least on a dozen occasion last summer... and noticed that the lights behind the switches have been dying one by one through the glitches... could be related?

None since I reinstalled my factory front doors(had half tube doors during the summer) and my hardtop for the winter?

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
I had the same intermittent issue with my rear power windows at least on a dozen occasion last summer... and noticed that the lights behind the switches have been dying one by one through the glitches... could be related?

None since I reinstalled my factory front doors(had half tube doors during the summer) and my hardtop for the winter?
I doubt the light in the switch has anything to do with it.

My driver's side light doesn't work, but both switches work fine 99.99% of the time.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I made this simple block diagram of a previous vehicle that I had. It was a four door. My Jeep is a two door. Not too familiar with the 4 door setup inside the jeep. Long story short, if youre having problems with another door, it could be the driver main control panel.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts