Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok - stupid question for my first post here, but... I just bought a new (to me) '15 Rubicon Hard Rock - my first Jeep. I tried the Search and read the thin Owner's Manual but couldn't find any info.

Is the "window lock" switch in the center of the power window switches supposed to do anything? I can't see why it would but they obviously put it there for some reason - or is it just to mess with me? IMG_4601.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep locks the rear window switches, they are sort of hidden just above the rear cup holders.
Really - I guess they are hidden. I couldn't find any - although I have never actually sat in the back seat. I just assumed it didn't have any switches in the back which is what made the lock switch in the front seem so odd. Now I have to go look - Thanks!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had the passenger rear seat folded down since the day I bought it - didn't even know I had the cupholders - it was all blocked by the folded seat. :thumb:

·
Registered
10,177 Posts
Just to add a chuckle, my Mustang has a window lock, but there aren't any switches in the rear seat for the rear side windows. The only way for the rear side windows to go up and down, is by the driver's master switches.

·
Modern Day Warrior
1,053 Posts
Just to add a chuckle, my Mustang has a window lock, but there aren't any switches in the rear seat for the rear side windows. The only way for the rear side windows to go up and down, is by the driver's master switches.
I'm thinking that lock in a Mustang would prevent the front seat passenger from putting down their window, no?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts