Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2007 JK Sahara 2 Door. My Driver's side power window switch (on the center dash) broke a few months ago. It would work intermittently but finally crapped out about a week ago. I ordered a replacement set of switches after removing the dash face and plan on replacing it this evening. However, I'm not sure how easy/difficult it is to get the current switches out of the back of the dash face.

Are there tabs you pull? Are there buttons you depress and then pull? Just looking for a little guidance before I get back behind my dash this evening after work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,397 Posts
I think you have to take the center dash cover off. That would give you access to the switches.

This video shows how to disassemble the center dash - it's aimed at getting to the radio, but at the 56 second point, you will see the switches attached to the back of the panel when he removes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmc9j_z4kLg

·
Registered
243 Posts
So as far as removing the old unit, does it just slide out?
Pretty much. It would probably be helpful to have a Trim removal tool, but you could use a flat-head screw drive if you're careful. Use the tool to get behind the one of the top corners and gently pry it forward.

·
Registered
810 Posts
So as far as removing the old unit, does it just slide out?
It is snapped in, so you remove it by pushing the switch unit out of the front of the bezel. You can get your fingers on the tabs that hold it in place with the bezel removed.. if you have an interior pry tool, you can pop the switch out without taking the bezel off. New one just pops right back in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts