Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I currently have a 2-door 2017 Sport Wrangler without power windows and power door locks, but I would like to maybe have some installed on it. I just wanted to know if it is possible to add these on a Wrangler that does not originally have them? Personally, I would like to get something that adds the the windows controls to the center console like where they are supposed to be! ^^

If it's possible, I guess a dealer can probably do this using original Mopar parts or something like that? Or should I try to get it done somewhere else than at a dealer?

I also have another question: this looks like what is put on the Jeep for the power windows when you order it from the factory with that feature included : A1 Electric Online Store: Jeep Wrangler 2 door (11-17) Power Window Kit. Is it? Or is it close to it?

Thanks a lot! :)

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
That kit looks like it would work, but obviously not OEM parts. A dealer can add it as well, but I imagine would a lot more expensive. Can't hurt to get a quote from a dealer and see how bad it would drain your wallet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That kit looks like it would work, but obviously not OEM parts. A dealer can add it as well, but I imagine would a lot more expensive. Can't hurt to get a quote from a dealer and see how bad it would drain your wallet.
So you are saying that this thing can surely be done on a Sport even if it did not come with the special "electric" kit or that kind of stuff !? ^^

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
So you are saying that this thing can surely be done on a Sport even if it did not come with the special "electric" kit or that kind of stuff !? ^^
What do you think they make the kit for? Only Jeeps the with special "electric" kits?
I don't vouch for this kit, I've never seen one in person. I have taken the Jeeps doors apart and the kit looks to have all the needed parts.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, you're right! :) But it is just that I already heard some people saying that it could not be done on any model, so I was just wondering...

·
Registered
41 Posts
You can absolutely do it. I just ordered the Electric-Life window kit for my JKU. I can let you know how it goes when I have a chance to put it in if you like.

On the locks, been there, done that. The aftermarket actuator kits do not work. At least not well. You really need to replace the factory lock assemblies in the doors, add the harnesses into the vehicle then tie it into an aftermarket keyless or remote start system. The install isn't bad at all, just time consuming. I think it took me about 8 hours total but I wasn't exactly bustin' my a$$ either. The hardest part was sorting out exactly what parts I needed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have a 2016 Sport Wrangler 4 Dr Jeep and purchased an after market kit to install the auto locks - JE-JK0717-LK2 from A1 Electric. I went to Car Toys to see what it would cost to install and it was over $1200 dollars for the 4 doors. I decided to do it myself however the instructions are only mechanical and do not show me how to hook up the electrical (where I hook up the red wire to battery and how I should fish the wires through the Jeep. Is there anyone who has instructions on how to do this? I looked all over "You tube" and there is nothing but videos on how to take apart the door and install the actuator, but no - :" this is how to wire it to work" I don't want to start without clear direction on the entire process. I appreciate anyone's help. Bonnie

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Thanks, you're right! :) But it is just that I already heard some people saying that it could not be done on any model, so I was just wondering...
It's not a question of can you do it, that is a yes. The real question is after you figure out how much it will cost is how to do it. (Which is where Jeepeegeez is currently.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts