Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Power Windows, both driver and passenger quit working. I'm assuming it was from gravel wash board road. It was unusually rough. Everything else seem to be working oK. You could hear the relay in the doors clicking when actuated up and down. But no movement. Turned Key off and back on and they started to work again. Is this a problem anyone else has had or should I worry about it. Or is something coming loose on me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My 2012 does that a couple times each year, usually as I pull up to a drive-through teller. A key cycle clears it. It's annoying but not a big deal.

I'd rather deal with it once or twice a year than leave it at the dealer so they can isolate the problem.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2012 does that a couple times each year, usually as I pull up to a drive-through teller. A key cycle clears it. It's annoying but not a big deal.

I'd rather deal with it once or twice a year than leave it at the dealer so they can isolate the problem.
I opened the Relay Fuse box in the engine compartment and noticed a Fuse, J2 at an angle of about 10 degrees, I reseated it. Not sure if it had anything to do with it.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Maybe disconnect your battery for 15 minutes or so to reset the control modules.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yup, my '13 did the exact same thing last week. Went to my gym, came back out, hit the key fob and all was good again. ???? No way on taking it to the dealer, unless it starts doing it all the time.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
My Power Windows, both driver and passenger quit working. I'm assuming it was from gravel wash board road. It was unusually rough. Everything else seem to be working oK. You could hear the relay in the doors clicking when actuated up and down. But no movement. Turned Key off and back on and they started to work again. Is this a problem anyone else has had or should I worry about it. Or is something coming loose on me.
Check your fuse box for loose fuses. All mine were loose right from the factory and I had to "FINISH" the installation by pushing them all firmly into their slots.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts