Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving my rig out in the snow. We got about 8 inches here and when i tried to put my windows down, Nothing worked. This was for both the passenger and drivers side. The rear windows still worked fine though. I turned the car off and turned it back on and the windows start working. Very weird. Sounds like a poor electrical design or could it be a fuse that needs replace ment?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Could they have just been stuck by ice?

What do you mean by poor electronic design? If you had blown a fuse then it would still be not working.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I know that BMW (and probably others) tries to be clever, a bit too clever, in that they with disable buttons if they think a kid is playing with them. Unfortunately, their design is prone to easy false triggers, and the windows or locks stop working, without any reason or cause, until you turn the vehicle off and then back on.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
That happens sometimes with JK's. Sometimes there's a computer glitch. Cycling the ignition like you did usually takes care of it. If it happens again and turning it on and off doesn't work, try disconnecting/reconnecting the battery. That would be the next step.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could they have just been stuck by ice?

What do you mean by poor electronic design? If you had blown a fuse then it would still be not working.

I meant a faulty wiring....

The windows were not stuck. I did a search and some had issues with this on their jk's

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Shut the Jeep off, pull the key OUT, wait a minute, put the key back in and start..Should be good to go.My Dealer said that the "computer get's confused sometimes, it happened to me once on my 2012 JKU, did the key thing and never happened again. I was told everything goes thru the computer, even door switches, window switches, etc.. Same thing, my front's didn't work, back's were fine.. Got back n the Jeep, put the key in,started it, and worked great..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts