Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok like I said before, I'm a new Jeep owner, not used to not having power windows and door locks, So I went and bought a power window kit, it came with good instruction, but my question is for any one who has ever tackled this project and if they could give me any advice berfore I tackle this. such as door panel removal, how to handle the window once the regulator is removed, and the connecting of wires and routing of them. Are could I be pointed to any tech, article with this information. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Just a thought

I certainly don't want to discourage you from installing the power windows but, in all my years of having Jeeps around, I doubt you'll really use the system much. It's simply easier and more fun to remove the doors at every possible chance, put the rag top down, and enjoy the freedom of the open road. If the company from which you purchased the kit will permit you to return the power window system in exchange for other merchandise, I'd suggest the quick mirrors for when you remove the doors, a bikini top, and some offroad supplies such as tow strap, winch or jack, and other associated accessories. Again, not trying to tell you what to do; it's just a thought.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well guys, thanks for the response, as of today I now have power window and power door locks, and all I can say is its a great addition for me. I have the wiring arranged so I can just unplug it if the doors or coming off. And the neat thing about the install is it can all be put back to normal if needed.
Thanks.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Nice work. You didn't by chance take any pictures of the motor assembly and stuff before you put the molding back on did you?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I do have pictures of the work but dont no how to post pictures, I could emai them to you , just let me know.

David

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
P/w

Yes I seen that install after I already had mine done, I'm just a little worried about cutting the slots for mounting the contacts, not quite sure if I want to attempt it yet being the jeep is still new, but with a good set of instructions I might just give it a go.
Thanks for the reply
David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts