Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experience with power windows? I have been looking at them for my full doors. I get sick of my left leg riding on the hand crank after while. I do like to use my half doors a lot, and was wondering if I could make a quick disconnect for them when I do indeed want to ride doorless or slap on my half doors.

Are they worth the price? And are they easy to install?

~Lev

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't just use some sort of wiring plug that you could disconnect anytime you wanted. I would put it just inside the door by the strap so you can unplug it easily. I have been thinking about the windows as well. Let us know how you proceed.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see why you couldn't just use some sort of wiring plug that you could disconnect anytime you wanted. I would put it just inside the door by the strap so you can unplug it easily. I have been thinking about the windows as well. Let us know how you proceed.
Yea, thats what I was thinking. I'll post pics once I decide if I wana do it or not. Just not sure if I think 200+ is worth it for powers windows.

~Lev

·
Registered
8,377 Posts
thats what his setup was like. It had a 2 prong plug that just hooked up in there that was simple to disconnect as twist and pull.

I think the buttons were in the center somewhere by the shifter.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Yea, thats what I was thinking. I'll post pics once I decide if I wana do it or not. Just not sure if I think 200+ is worth it for powers windows.

~Lev
My buddy has them in his YJ, He used the same kind of contact as what us YJ (and maybe TJ's) have to connect their third brake light, He can only use them when the doors are shut. The window motors are out of a 92 accord I do believe.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats what his setup was like. It had a 2 prong plug that just hooked up in there that was simple to disconnect as twist and pull.

I think the buttons were in the center somewhere by the shifter.
That sounds pretty cool. The ones I was looking at had the buttons replace the hand crank on the door.

~Lev

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
ive also thought about power windows.. im gonna redo the inside of my jeep this year.. i work laying rubber roofing and i have a perfect rubber to waterproof under my carpet and add more insulation for the winter.. im adding alot more electronics to the inside of my jeep like a sub in the center console..

but has anyone seen power seat brackets they can buy to replace their stock brackets?

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
ive also thought about power windows.. im gonna redo the inside of my jeep this year.. i work laying rubber roofing and i have a perfect rubber to waterproof under my carpet and add more insulation for the winter.. im adding alot more electronics to the inside of my jeep like a sub in the center console..

but has anyone seen power seat brackets they can buy to replace their stock brackets?
I don't think I would want to waterproof under my carpet. If water gets under your carpet you will want it to drain out through a drain plug, not sit on a rubber layer. I would be afraid some would get trapped between the rubber layer and the tub floor and you would be really bad off!!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah there Easy to install but if you break it your F***ed.

I took me 2 hours to install in my friends wrangler. But it took us 2 days to fix it.It was quite a difficult project.

·
Registered
70 Posts
there are all replacement parts available for these things.
Its not that I needed replacement parts it was just difficult to fix it all together cause the window kept on falling of the track. And it took for ever to just get it to stop doing that. We actually ended up replacing the braket that holds the motor and had to drill a diffrent place for the joint.

But I would say its worth it all its really nice having power windows on a jeep!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts