Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For now, I am keeping the stock 130RES head unit and adding an Alpine KTP-445U amp to my upgraded Kicker speakers. I want to add a sub (prefer powered) and am debating on what type I should get. I want something that will compliment the Alpine 45wx4RMS amp and not overpower it. I 'd like to add some bottom end, but am not interested in taking up all the limited storage space behind the 2 door JK seat. So far I am looking at a Sound Ordnance B-8PTD and try to mount it in the cubby storage area. My other option is something like the Rockford Fosgate P300-10. Twice as much wattage, but cannot be hidden, although easily removed if I want.

Looking for some real world pro's and con's to these setups. I plan on keeping this a modest build with nothing fancy, but good quality sound.

THanks!
DAVE

·
Registered
904 Posts
When mine was still mostly stock i ran a little 10 inch kicker pre fab cabinet bolted onto my rear door (passenger side) , it was nice because it moves itself out of the way when you open the door. With rear seat in a 2 door there is just not a lot of space. something like bazooka tubes would work also

1 - 4 of 4 Posts