Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I know I've seen where people have been able to install a powered sub under the passenger seat. Does anyone have any pics or suggestions on the install. The sub I'm thinking about is 9.5 x 13.5 x 3.125. It looks real tight under either seat. I have a 2 door.
Thanks.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
I'm in a 2015 JKU but I assume the under seat space on the driver side would be the same:

Sound Ordnance from Crutchfield.

I bought the mounting bracket off Ebay.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No, the JK and JKU are different.

The JK added some cross bars....I haven't seen anyone get anything under the seats of a JK (2-door). You will see this if you look for the locking storage boxes. None that I've found work in a JK, only the JKU.

If you want a sub, you likely will have to take up space in the rear, go in the little hidden trunk area, or put small one's in the lower dash....

·
Registered
459 Posts
I wanted to do the same thing with mine. I got a Kicker Hideaway sub and thought it would fit under the seat, but the cross bars mentioned above prevented that. I ended up mounting it in the back, under the floor in the storage area. I pulled the plastic liner out, then lined it with dynamat. It didn't fit all the way down, but I pushed it as far as it would go, then mounted it. It's in pretty solid and works great. Because it is in the floor it helps to increase the bass. I don't have any pics of it, but can try and get a couple tomorrow.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm in a 2015 JKU but I assume the under seat space on the driver side would be the same:

Sound Ordnance from Crutchfield.

I bought the mounting bracket off Ebay.
How do you like the sound of that sub? Does it actually provide bass and kick at all? I've been wanting to do 1 or 2 of those under the front seats in my JKU. Is the bracket needed or could it be velcro'd to the carpet?

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
How do you like the sound of that sub? Does it actually provide bass and kick at all? I've been wanting to do 1 or 2 of those under the front seats in my JKU. Is the bracket needed or could it be velcro'd to the carpet?
I'm no expert but I think it provides plenty of bass and kick. I have read other more informed Jeepers say the same.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, the JK and JKU are different.

The JK added some cross bars....I haven't seen anyone get anything under the seats of a JK (2-door). You will see this if you look for the locking storage boxes. None that I've found work in a JK, only the JKU.

If you want a sub, you likely will have to take up space in the rear, go in the little hidden trunk area, or put small one's in the lower dash....
This. Looks like I'll have to get crafty to squeeze it under the passenger seat.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
This. Looks like I'll have to get crafty to squeeze it under the passenger seat.
This is the most creative I've seen. And by most creative, I mean most creative to keep a factory look and thus not take up the very precious space in a 2-door.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/5-25-subwoofers-in-lower-dash-1410850.html

I've actually done this. However, don't have them fired up yet as need to get an amp for the entire system. But the install went surprisingly smooth.

Added bonus, it keeps everything off the floor "just in case".

·
Registered
167 Posts
I was able to get a Kicker Hideaway sub under the passenger in my '15 JKR after moving two wires to the side. It is a very tight fit. We've had other threads with pics... will see if I can snap some today for you.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The drivers side has no room though, as already stated, as there are some cross bars that completely block everything. And you cannot buy a JKU seat bracket and swap it out... was told by a vendor on here that it has already been tried and the holes do not line up. Still happy to have a JK though, it's the only downfall for me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did the Kenwood fit? I ordered mine but want it under front seats. If it has to go in back it will, but I'm hoping it will fit.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sound storm labs 10" here. Add a nice punch, not gonna rattle the bolts off but is a great deal and fits here perfect.

image-2695920719.jpg

1 - 15 of 15 Posts