Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been searching threads but still haven't come up with a positive answer. Can or should I install a POWERTRAX® No-Slip Traction System in the rear dana 35c on my 2002 jeep wrangler. I use it as a daily driver and hit the trail once a month. Or should I leave the rear LSD and put the POWERTRAX® No-Slip Traction System in the front only. If the advice is to install in the rear do I need to upgrade the axles? I don't encounter Ice or snow in the California desert so it shouldn't be a concern as a DD. only on the trail.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
The No-Slip is my favorite lunchbox locker but your stock Dana 35 simply isn't strong enough to be locked. I'd put the No-Slip in the front where it'll do an awesome job. The No-Slip is also quiet in operation, it doesn't click/ratchet like the Aussie or Lockright lunchbox lockers do through turns.

·
Registered
395 Posts
As Jerry said, put it in the front, you won't be disappointed! I've got the no-slip in the front of mine and it is single handedly one of the best upgrades I've done. It's absolutely silent and works without any issues anytime 4WD is engaged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
powertrax

looks like a powertrax is going in the front dana 30, If I go with an ARB in the back will I need to upgrade the axles on my dana 35c is that the only weak link or will it be better to put in a dana 44 with an ARB

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
Installing a Super 35 kit with 30 spline alloy shafts would make your Dana 35 worthy of the ARB air locker. Revolution Gear and Axle's Super 35 kit available from Ricky at www.4lowparts.com would be a great choice.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I know it's not recomended in a Dana 35 however I have been running 1 in My TJ with 31" Tires for 5 years with no issues or breakage so far, I am easier on it than Most folks just light trail riding,No Ice or Snow here either,Front Locker as recommended above is likely Your best option But just wanted to share My experience.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts