Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m pretty happy with my front Trutrac.
But unfortunately they don’t make a rear that will accept factory 1/2” ring gear.

Looks like the Powertrax Grip Pro does have 1/2” so I’m considering this as my Yukon LSD clutches are starting to go.

I can’t find any reviews on them. Any feedback?

I am running 305/70r17 with 3.73 gears on a 2014 sport 2 door.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I would think that the ring gear is bigger than 1/2".

Do you mean the bolt holes for the ring gear?

As far as reviews I've only heard of one or two people who have one and they like it.

I would expect that if it had lots of problems we would be hearing lots of complaints. Given that it's been out for several years, the lack of complaints does tell me it's probably not a bad option.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Aftermarket ring gears accept both 1/2” and 7/16” ringgear bolts. I just ran the 7/16” bolts with 5.38 Yukon gears and TruTrac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes 1/2” bolt holes. I know aftermarket ring gears would work but I am not regearing.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Not every aftermarket gear set will accept both sizes of bolts. I think more do now than when I swapped my gears years ago.

When we did my gears, we drilled out the holes in the carrier to accept the bigger bolt. Works fine if you're patient and drill straight.

I would consider the Powertrax. I think it's cheaper than the TrueTrac and easier to install since it has the bolt holes you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts