Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed it in my 2008 Unlimited lately under demand. It might have been there during the winter and I didn't hear it. Rolling down the windows helped me become aware of it. I don't think it was there in the US. The gas here (I'm in Belgium with the US Army) is formulated differently. Although what I am using claims to be 95 Octane, I don't know what other properties it might have. The temperature doesn't seem to be a problem.

Do I need to get one of the devices to adjust factory settings on my computer? I can build you a small block with Holley double pumper all day. But the amount of computerized junk on this new model Jeep is killing me.

What is available to help with the reprogramming? I'm running 35s, so I should probably correct the speedo anyhow.

Suggestions? Many thanks!

David

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts

·
i'm back
13,706 Posts
yeah i get a little pinging from time to time in my 2010 JK. still running 87 octane... maybe i ought to look into a tuner. i started running heavier weight oil and i think that's helped out a lot.

my engine temperatures are cooler... cooler engine, less hot spots, less hot spots = less pre-ignition. i would say check out your plugs... but they're an ass pain to get to... :facepalm: i wish you could still buy carburetor-models! good life was easier then. :whistling:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Isn't european knock indexes diff than US? If I recall, eu 95 is very low compared to US 95. Has to do with how they determine the index, but can't remember how! Try their higher ratings, 100?!
Troy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts