Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2015 Rubicon with a premium soft top.

On the left side of the zipper (attached to the soft top) should the zipper stay fixed and you insert the window and zip?

Currently, the left side zipper can easily pulled off the soft top and doesn't stay with the soft top. The zipper comes off completely, which could cause the zipper to split.

Pic attached.

The zipper was misaligned and I know the dealer used vice grips to pull on the zipper.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Not fully understanding the question, but I'll try to explain how it works.

When fully closed, you should have 1 zipper at each bottom corner, left and right. In order to remove the rear window, take the zipper on the right up and over to the left and slide both zippers off of the top (both zippers remain on the left side of the window).

To reinstall, slide both zippers back onto the top and zip the first one up and over to the bottom right corner.

When fully installed, if just trying to access the rear, you can use either zipper to open it up, but when removing, you need them both on the left side.

Hope this helps!

Edit:
I believe I understand your question now. The zipper should not be able to be removed at all, it should be stopped before coming off at the window side. Also, that isn't the original pull tab. I'd go back to the dealer and have them fix it!

·
GOT DOORS?
568 Posts
Vice grips?? Wow. I don't recall if one side is really in a fixed position, I just pull/hold the zipper down, insert, make sure it lines up and proceed to zip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
The zipper slider is not supposed to come off the zipper once the window is zipped shut. On the window side of the zipper, there is (or should be) a little bump at the zipper end to keep the sliders from coming off. If the dealer used vice grips, he may have pinched it flat.

The rear window is off of my Jeep, maybe this pic will help.

FullSizeRender.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is what I thought, I can pull off BOTH sliders when the window is in place and zipped shut. The soft top side should have a tab to prevent the slider coming completely off.

To note, I temporarily added the green wire as it was misssing one of the pull cords.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The dealer I purchased from is 2 hours away, I will see if my local deal will fix under the bumper to Bumper.

If not, will need to address with original dealer. Top and window are perfect beyond this.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zipper fixed itself. Both sliders belong on the window side and it is now catching on its own. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts