Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a weird situation happen yesterday. Driving down a 4 lane highway I passed a dump truck and all of sudden my new premium soft top began to flutter very loudly above the front seats. There was no way I could pull over and after I completed passing the dump truck the flutter stopped. Now the top is very loud and roars at speed. I unlatched the front and pulled it back to make sure the sunrider latches were still hooked, they were so I put the front back down and re-latched it. Before this happened I would have to struggle to get the front latches hooked, now I can hook them easily. I searched the site and web and couldn't find anyone that had posted having the same issue. Any thoughts?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
This may sound like a silly question, but are your rear corners attached correctly above the brake lights?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not a silly question at all. I have checked everything I can think of. Never had anything like that happen with the old non-premium top. I can't believe it stretched that much from the turbulence from passing a truck?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I don't know exactly what went wrong but my first thought was that the windows might not be attached right at the doors. They should wrap around the door frame and be tucked into the channel.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
Not a silly question at all. I have checked everything I can think of. Never had anything like that happen with the old non-premium top. I can't believe it stretched that much from the turbulence from passing a truck?
There's no way it stretched from that. I'm on my second premium top and both were/are still very tight at the front latches after a few years of use.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts