Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took 3 hours start to finish. Did not run into the troubles that many have reported. I was home alone so no help. Unwrapped the new top and set it out in the yard while I removed the hard top. I was originally just going to lift the top off by hand and put it on saw horses but I realized my 54 yoa back was going to bitch at me so I used some lag hooks and tie downs to remove the top and hang it from my garage ceiling.

I noted that my rear suspension came up a little over 1/4" with the lighter weight of the soft top vs hard top.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Damn, that looks sharp! I get my Premium Supertop NX tomorrow, after a long wait from Quadratec. I'll be removing my hard top; installing my SpiderWebShade; and, then installing the Supertop.

It's good to see that you were able to do it alone, in three hours. I'll probably be solo as well, and that gives me some confidence.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only part that was even remotely difficult and it was not bad at all was hooking up the soft top bracket to the bracket that mounts to the rear roll bar. It was a little akward getting both sides lined up but I just got one side and loosely started the bolts and then went the other side.

The secret to getting the front latches closed is pull the front seats all the way forward so you have leverage. I tried it having the seats back and just could not get the leverage needed. once I figured out to move the seats all the way up they were no problem

·
Registered
118 Posts
You're the 2nd person that I've seen say that about the front seat. I'll definitely have to remember that.

I'm going to have the top sitting in 95+ heat while I put in the hardware so it should be nice and relaxed. I hope...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Took 3 hours start to finish. Did not run into the troubles that many have reported. I was home alone so no help. Unwrapped the new top and set it out in the yard while I removed the hard top. I was originally just going to lift the top off by hand and put it on saw horses but I realized my 54 yoa back was going to bitch at me so I used some lag hooks and tie downs to remove the top and hang it from my garage ceiling.

I noted that my rear suspension came up a little over 1/4" with the lighter weight of the soft top vs hard top.
Were you able to remove the soft top before removing the hard top? How do you do it? I thought the hard top had to be removed first.

·
Retired Mod
11,135 Posts
Were you able to remove the soft top before removing the hard top? How do you do it? I thought the hard top had to be removed first.
That is only if you order dual tops from the factory when the soft top is stored under the hard top for shipping.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I bought it from a person who got the dual top but did not want the soft top and never installed it. boxes had never been open nor the top removed from its protective wrap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts