Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I looked at my roof today from inside, and saw a bright dot above rear right side door, went outside to verify and sure thing, I have a pinhole in my premium soft top... less than a 1 mm tear

any ideas on how to repair it to prevent from opening up? some adhesive, epoxy, or such... I take down my soft top often, so it has to be flexible.

thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
We use a product called Seam Grip made by Gear Aid to seal the stitched seams on our pop up camper. (It was recommended by the manufacture) it fills really large stitch seams permanently. Bass pro shop is where I bought ours but it is available online. very good stuff, clear and makes no mess. polyurethane based so it is UV resistant and lasts long time. Apply it to the inside and to the outside for a permanent seal.

If i remember correctly it was about 6 bucks for a small bottle that sealed about 20 linear feet of seam. So you would have left overs for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Yep looked it up, they actually have small squeeze tubes of the stuff now, comes with a small brush and even says for small tears and cuts.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the hole is not in the seam, it's a puncture of some sort through the fabric, a couple fibers cut, as if someone stuck a thin ice-pick through the roof. I have no idea where it came from.

do you think this product will work?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
the hole is not in the seam, it's a puncture of some sort through the fabric, a couple fibers cut, as if someone stuck a thin ice-pick through the roof. I have no idea where it came from.

It should work just fine. I had a similar issue w/ my Trektop NX and used something similar.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I've used black RTV sealer before. If you apply it carefully from the inside it should be unnoticeable from the outside.

It's flexible and permanent in my experience.

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts

Yes and being a polyurethane base I would trust it over most other products, and having actually used it I can attest to its resilience over the past couple years.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for your reply, ordered it, will be reporting back

1 - 9 of 9 Posts