Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

Looking at a 2016 Rubi, and the soft top appears to be the blackdiamond/premium OEM (e.g., it is black underneath, etc., rather than grey/lined) - but the invoice doesn't show an upcharge for the premium soft top.

Did all the 2016's (or 2016 Rubi's at least) just start shipping with the premium soft top? (In other words, the cost is now just built into the jeep rather than a $500 upcharge?)

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
As far I know, the Premium soft top is still an option, except for a few special editions.

See if you can get a copy of the build sheet, and double check. You'll just need the VIN for that.

Its always possible that the dealer has played "swappies", but I can't imagine anyone demanding the premium top that's on the Wrangler they want to buy, be swapped for a regular one.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far I know, the Premium soft top is still an option, except for a few special editions.

See if you can get a copy of the build sheet, and double check. You'll just need the VIN for that.

Its always possible that the dealer has played "swappies", but I can't imagine anyone demanding the premium top that's on the Wrangler they want to buy, be swapped for a regular one.
That's why it's so strange: it's definitely not on the build sheet, and on the Jeep.com build page the premium is still an option, yet the soft top on this jeep is all black on the inside (rather than the grey, etc., of the 'standard' OEM).

I guess the other possibility is that the 2016 'standard' soft top no longer has the grey liner on the inside?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I know that if you get the Dual Top group it comes with the premium soft top.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Are we talking about a standard Rubicon or a Hard Rock?

The reason why I'm asking is that when you build out a standard 2016 Rubicon, the premium top is available as a $500 option. When you build out a 2016 Hard Rock, it isn't. So I also have to wonder if the premium top is standard on the 2016 Hard Rock?

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
premium soft top is standard in hard rock

·
Registered
88 Posts
I ordered a 2016 75th Anniversary and the 24H package definitely comes with the Premium Sunrider Soft Top. Options are the 3 piece hard top in black or body color

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are we talking about a standard Rubicon or a Hard Rock?

The reason why I'm asking is that when you build out a standard 2016 Rubicon, the premium top is available as a $500 option. When you build out a 2016 Hard Rock, it isn't. So I also have to wonder if the premium top is standard on the 2016 Hard Rock?
The premium soft top definitely comes with the Hard Rock, and the premium soft top definitely comes with the dual top group.

But I'm looking at a standard Rubicon with a soft top. At this point, it seems one of two things are possible:

(1) This Rubicon for some strange reason has a premium top even though it's not on the invoice or build sheet;
(2) the 'standard' OEM top no longer has a grey interior lining, so I'm unsure how to differentiate the two without them being side-by-side

·
Registered
661 Posts
The top possibly could have been swapped out for some reason. Perhaps it was damaged and they put the wrong one on to replace it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts