Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a 2015 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited [Anvil] with the

Premium Sound and Leather by Mopar® package.

Here is my question.. the guy at the dealer said this is Black Leather, but he was not totally sure. I heard somewhere else in the forums it is actually a grey leather. I think I am ok with either, but just sort of want to know what the deal is.

Has anyone else ordered this? Any pictures available of exactly what it is?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
one more bit of info... I saw another thread that has 2014 version of these seats, I am wondering about 2015..

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
You are correct. The 'black' leather isn't quite as BLACK as you would expect. If you want a true black premium leather, you're better off having the dealer have it installed after delivery. The dealer installed color options are :censored: AMAZING!!! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@DallasJKU thanks that is super helpful. Do you have a photo of the seats? I got an ANVIL and think the grey will look awesome with it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They are gray but a dark gray. I ordered the same package and when I found out the leather was gray I flipped out. Wore the dealer out about it after it arrived and before I took delivery. Had them agree to swap it out for black Katzkin. They talked me into looking at it before they swapped it out. Finally went over and took delivery of it this past Friday (it came in the previous Thursday) and I think I'm going to leave them as they are.

Photos do not do it justice. For some reason the gray washes out and becomes much more light. (Think of the white/brown black/blue dress on Twitter recently - just totally different in person.) They blend very well with the door trim panels. And this is coming from someone that ordered the black/dark saddle interior. My only complaint is that Jeep should disclose somewhere that the leather color changes when ordering this package. Jeep shifted all responsibility to dealer. GM of the dealer I ordered from admitted that they weren't expecting gray leather either.

Oh - and the Alpine system ROCKS!!! By far my favorite option!

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
And this is coming from someone that ordered the black/dark saddle interior. My only complaint is that Jeep should disclose somewhere that the leather color changes when ordering this package.
So, you ordered the black/saddle interior, but the "premium-sound-and-leather" seats came thru in cloth-like black (dk gray), and not leather-like saddle?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
That's correct. Premium leather is gray no matter what you chose for interior colors.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Ah, so Kenny9592's problem was not gray vs. black, but rather gray vs. saddle.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So, you ordered the black/saddle interior, but the "premium-sound-and-leather" seats came thru in cloth-like black (dk gray), and not leather-like saddle?
Yep. Was disappointed at first when finding out this was the color (a week before taking delivery no less) but after seeing it in person and living with it for a few days I actually like it now. The dark gray blends in with the dash console lid and the upper part of the doors and dash. The photos (even photos that I took) do not do it justice.

Before seeing it in person you think "who is the color blind idiot at Jeep that approved this combo" but it looks pretty good. At last I think it does anyway.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had the same problem. Dealership ordered black saddle interior with what we thought was saddle leather. Here is a picture from the dealer when it arrived.

If the interior was all black, it would be too bad. With the tan, it just didn't work for me. Luckily the dealer agreed to have it replaced. It is hard to see in the pictures from the dealer. It is a dark grey/charcoal and was different compared to everything else in the jeep.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just picked up my JKU Sahara last week with the upgraded Katzkin leather.

It is dark gray - I call it charcoal. If it had been described to me as gray, I probably would not have ordered it. It does work though.

I also installed a dark gray/charcoal headliner. So it all works.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is all great info and exactly what I wanted to know. The charcoal gray color sounds awesome. I think it will look killer with my anvil rubicon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Probably a real dumb question, but are these seats ventilated now? They look like the ones in my Ram Laramie dually.

·
Registered
77 Posts
No, they are not ventilated now. I was hoping they were to help the seat warmers, but they are not. The seat warmers do not get very hot either. Nothing like the gmc or Chevy trucks. I can say I'm happy with the color of the leather, but the lack of ventilation and the weakness of the warmers is a little disappointing.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I didn't think so, but it sure would be nice in summer heat, part of the reason I don't have leather in the Jeeps. Surprised to hear the heaters don't work that well, the ones in my wife's get really hot. Thanks for the info, JT.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Surprised to hear the heaters don't work that well, the ones in my wife's get really hot.
There are a few different threads here about the seat heaters. It seems to be a 50-50 chance that any one new Wrangler will have hot seat heaters or slightly warm seat heaters. See these other threads for speculations and guesses as to why this is.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts