Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm a TJ owner looking for a new top and I understand that the Bestop Trektop NX Twill is actually the same material as the JK OEM premium top. So now that it's been out for awhile, how is it holding up compared to sail cloth? Have you found that mud stains it or gets trapped in the cloth? That's my biggest worry since my tires sling stuff all over the side if I even so much as look at a puddle.

Thanks in advance!

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
I've had my jeep for a little over a year now and my premium OEM top still looks as good as new! :thumb:

I did treat it once, with Aerospace 303 Fabric Guard.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've had my jeep for a little over a year now and my premium OEM top still looks as good as new! :thumb:

I did treat it once, with Aerospace 303 Fabric Guard.
Have you had any issues with mud getting stuck in the fabric itself? I've never seen the material up close so I don't know how it would handle that.

Also any chance I could get some close up pics from someone with a twill top?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Just normal road crud. I haven't been mudding with it. But so far, anything the road has thrown up at it has just washed right off. Worst thing to get off is the bird :censored:. But even that's not too bad, just takes a minute or two with a soft scrub brush.

I will try to remember to take some pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
384 Posts
my wifes 13 jk has about 40k on it, rarely takes the whole top down. usually just folds back the sunrider and takes off the windows. stills looks good and we have some terrible salt infused winters here in Chicago.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts