Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they still sell both versions? I'm considering buying a soft top from a 2015 and want to get a Premium top. Trying to figure out which one it is. Did they still sell the standard version in 2015?

·
Registered
134 Posts
They make both. The premium is a $500 upgrade. The standard top is a vinyl type with a grey/white interior. The premium is a. Cloth type fabric that is black inside.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I bought my jeep with a hard top and immediately started looking for a premium soft top. I found one on here for sale for $1000 and bought it. Other than buying my jeep, it's the best $1000 I've ever spent. Definitely recommend the premium over the standard.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Here're Mopar numbers:

Regular soft top (2dr): 82213649
Premium soft top (2dr): 82213650
Regular soft top (4dr): 82213651
Premium soft top (4dr): 82213652

Go for premium. I had a regular top for 2 years (in addition to my hard top), last month I finally upgraded to a premium. Now I'm seriously considering selling my hard top.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Here're Mopar numbers:

Regular soft top (2dr): 82213649
Premium soft top (2dr): 82213650
Regular soft top (4dr): 82213651
Premium soft top (4dr): 82213652

Go for premium. I had a regular top for 2 years (in addition to my hard top), last month I finally upgraded to a premium. Now I'm seriously considering selling my hard top.
I'm seriously considering my hard top too. The winters here is the only thing that's making me second guess it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys.....does any one have the standard soft top?

I'm looking to get one and I was wondering if 82213649 came with tinted rear windows or the clear ones?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,787 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ordered it with the soft top. You can't order the premium OEM top with half doors. They won't sell it that way b/c the half door uppers won't match the top.
Yeah.....that's what I am worried about. I know one of the options when you order the soft top with the Jeep is that you can either change it to "deep tint windows" or depending on what trim level you get, it automatically comes with it.

Like the Willy's comes with deep tint windows all the way around on the hard top and soft top.

So I'm wondering if the windows are still tinted even when ordering it off the shelf.

Worst case.....I think I'm going to order it, and if it doesn't have tinted windows maybe I just won't take it. Shouldn't have a problem since I have an in at the dealership, wife works there.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts