Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im starting the process of getting 35's by getting a d44 tommarrow, i plan on setting my jeep up right, when i get the 35's ill already be geared and upgraded everything. My axle has 4.10 gears and a detroit locker installed, its the right length but was set up for a yj, so im going to have to get brackets and what not welded on, its also an 8 lug so im going to have to convert it too 5x4.5, it also has disk brakes, what steering upgrades and other upgrades should i make?

·
Registered
3,197 Posts
For steering Currie Currectlync or Currie Ultimate Steering kit along with maybe a Durango steering box. For a budget upgrade, you can use a ZJ tie rod to beef that up since it is the same size and solid instead of hollow. Brakes would be a dual piston caliper setup from Vanco. I've been looking into moving to 35s too and these are what I'll be getting.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,632 Posts
For steering Currie Currectlync or Currie Ultimate Steering kit along with maybe a Durango steering box. For a budget upgrade, you can use a ZJ tie rod to beef that up since it is the same size and solid instead of hollow. Brakes would be a dual piston caliper setup from Vanco. I've been looking into moving to 35s too and these are what I'll be getting.
X2 on all that.Vanco's dual piston caliper kit is their "Big Brake" kit which was designed by WF contributor Blaine Johnson aka Black Magic Brakes.

Bamafan4life, you'll soon find 4.10 is not enough gear for 35" tires. For example, 4.88 is optimal if you have the 5-speed manual transmission.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts