Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone put a president bill cb radio in there JK ? If so where I am looking at the center consul on driver side

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is the mount the red item is an Anderson Power Pole connector. The black didn't show up in the picture. I have a RigRunner 5 connection junction box under the glove box with 10 gauge wire from the battery with a relay inline with the positive wire. The switch goes to SPOD like box (Voswitch) under the good. I also have a Midland MTX400 on the other side of the console mounted the same way. Under the driver's seat is a Bestop vault with my Yaesu FTM 400xdr permanently mounted on top. The Gam and gmrs antennas are on the hood at the fenders. CB antenna is on the license plate. The mount is a cooltech.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Yes, CB's are still in use. They are cheap, don't require a license and most people have one.

I much prefer ham radio in my jeep. I actually have the capacity to use CB, ham or GMRS/FRS. Depending on who shows up on a trip we may use any of the 3 or combinations there of.

Heading to SFWDA's Dixie Run at AOP in a couple of weeks. I'll use 146.52 on the way down as my travel companion is a ham but Dixie Run recommends all participants have a CB.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts