Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2005 Wrangler Unlimited about a month ago. Really good shape and only has 39K on the clock.

Only issue is the PO did not do a good job of keeping it clean. Interior is full of dust/dirt. I have removed the carpet from the rear of the Jeep and saw that it had some insulation/sound deadening material on the back of it.

For those that have pressure washed carpet, did it have this material on the back of it. I think I reasd somewhere that the Unlimited came with this rather than just the carpet.....I could be wrong. Just curious how this material will react to the water and how long it will take to dry out.

And I know I am going to get replies that state remove the carpet and bedline thew interior. I would much rather keep the carpet to keep the heat down on the inside from the driveline as well as keep the noise down. I do not plan on taking this Jeep mudding so keeping the interior clean once I get rid of the PO's mess will not be a problem.

Any input on cleaning the carpet would be appreciated.

Also....on the seats.....how difficult is it to remove the factory seat covers? I was thining of maybe throwing them in the washing machine.

RRP

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Rent a carpet cleaner you use for the house. Just get some pretreatment for the stains. Might even have an attachmet so while you have it all out you can do any of your other cars/Jeeps. Works for me and it seems to do a good job!!

·
Registered
229 Posts
powerwash away, then just let them sit in the sun for a couple of days, the insulation will be all dried out too, and the seat covers are a real pain to get off, the backs have velcro glued to the foam, and you will end up tearing the foam, keep them on and clean them that way

·
Registered
500 Posts
I pulled all my carpet and the front and rear seats took them to the spray and wash at the local car wash and went to town. I thne brought them home and put them in a closet with a dehumidifier running full blast for two days. Came out great and there is no mildew or soap smell.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Just take it down to the self serve car wash and use the high pressure rinse. I wouldn't use the soap because there's no telling what chemicals are in there. That's what I did. Then throw them in the back of your jeep, bring them home and vacuum them and set them in the sun to dry while you're vacuuming the rest. They should e dry by time you vacuum all of them. And the metal on the back is fine to leave on. I don't think you can take it off..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts