Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm going to be doing the pressurized running water mod for my stock bumper. But I'm having some issues with the location of the water spigot. I live in South Florida and there's some deep mud holes and lots of tight trails so I'm worried about some of the locations of seen potentially ripping the spigot off. I was going to run it along the trailer hitch area but feel it's going to be too low and get snagged and I definitely don't like the side of the Jeep as a potential mounting spot.
For those that have it where did you mount your spigot at? Just looking for some better ideas before moving along with this. Thanks.
I'm also in a 2011 two door with no fenders.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I don't have a picture, and now I have the 10A rear bumper, but when I installed my water bumper I was afraid to mount the spigot anywhere that could get caught on anything in the trail. So when I installed the water pump behind my tail light, I had about 3' of tubing with a hose quick connect and then just tucked my spigot in the space behind the rear bumper. You would never see it driving down the road or parked and you had to reach behind the rear tire to pull out the spigot.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't have a picture, and now I have the 10A rear bumper, but when I installed my water bumper I was afraid to mount the spigot anywhere that could get caught on anything in the trail. So when I installed the water pump behind my tail light, I had about 3' of tubing with a hose quick connect and then just tucked my spigot in the space behind the rear bumper. You would never see it driving down the road or parked and you had to reach behind the rear tire to pull out the spigot.
Thanks man. I've been wracking my brain for weeks trying to figure a good spot out. Seems like the best option is to leave it coiled somewhere until I need it. Next question for you, how did you mount the pump behind the tail light?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Remove the passenger tail light by just removing the two left screws. Behind the tail light you will see an empty cavity. You can just place the water pump inside this cavity. There is a black plastic triangular plate at the bottom. Remove this by applying force from under the vehicle. Take the plate out and screw 2 holes for the hoses to pass through the water pump. Once you have the hoses and pump installed, use expanding foam to seal everything up and keep the water pump from moving.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts