Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I have brought my Wrangler Unlimited to Europe and unfortunately the winter is more harsh here than in California. Salt is used on roads, it is wet and cold, best ingredients for nice and effective corrosion.

Any experiences with preserving the car with wax or grease? Is this really necessary?

Also, I wonder what would need to be preserved: the frame, doors? What else?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Whenever it is warm enough to wash the salt off (above freezing) DO it!

Make sure to get behind the body pinch seams and run a hose into the holes in the frame to clean the salt out of there.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Zeibart is not a new concept.
I am sure you can find it or the equivalent in Europe.
If you want to keep your Jeep (un-rusted) for any length of time - get it rust proofed.
A no brainer.
From a Quebecer Where we use tons of road salt.

·
Registered
71 Posts
anti-corrosion system

I've got a new JKU Sahara on order, and the dealer offers an electronic corrosion control system called the AutoSaverSystem. After watching my last 3 XJ's dissolve before my very eyes here in upstate NY, I figured it's worth a try. It is apparently similar to the system used on underground fuel tanks at gas stations. I don't know if anybody has any experience with this system but I'd like to hear any feedback anyone might have, these JK's are quite the investment I'd like to hold on to mine for a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts