Compass $100 $880
Patriot $100 $880
Liberty $100 $895
Wrangler $100 $900
Wrangler Unlimited $100 $900
Grand Cherokee $100 $925
* Add $50 for Hawaii
END OF EXHIBIT I

If you have a order in already with a deposit and a signed bill of sale/purchase agreement then you don't have to worry about the increase of $100 on Wranglers/Wrangler Unlimiteds.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Gotta luv those teamster costs no matter if you car has to go 5 miles or 5000 miles. :)

·
Registered
173 Posts
SUBJECT: 2012 MY JEEP PRICING ACTION
Destination Revised
Destination Increase Amount *
Compass $100 $880
Patriot $100 $880
Liberty $100 $895
Wrangler $100 $900
Wrangler Unlimited $100 $900
Grand Cherokee $100 $925
* Add $50 for Hawaii
END OF EXHIBIT I

If you have a order in already with a deposit and a signed bill of sale/purchase agreement then you don't have to worry about the increase of $100 on Wranglers/Wrangler Unlimiteds.
Pat-do you guys offer price increase insurance for your order outs? We make it std on ours (we pay as to not upset anyone 1-5 months later).

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Gotta luv those teamster costs no matter if you car has to go 5 miles or 5000 miles. :)
Setting the price of vehicles has nothing to do with unions. Folks who work for a living and belong to a union just do their job. The union speaks for them during negotiations. After that, it is all about work.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Help... If I ordered a Rubicon on 12/12 and received a VON after putting down a deposit, is my price going to change? I'm still waiting to get a VIN, but in some cases it seems it can take weeks for Jeep to receive and process order. Thanks!

:banghead:

·
Registered
173 Posts
kerryva said:
Help... If I ordered a Rubicon on 12/12 and received a VON after putting down a deposit, is my price going to change? I'm still waiting to get a VIN, but in some cases it seems it can take weeks for Jeep to receive and process order. Thanks!

Depends on your dealer and how you bought it. I'd call them up and ask them to honor the agreed upon price-worst they can do is say no-and you're out $100. Once you get it-you'll find thousands in mods compared to missing out on it for $100, well, just seems silly :D

·
Administrator
42,086 Posts
Setting the price of vehicles has nothing to do with unions. Folks who work for a living and belong to a union just do their job. The union speaks for them during negotiations. After that, it is all about work.
Well said.:thumb:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Certainly these amounts don't represent the real cost of hauling the vehicle to the dealer. Some haulers will carry 11 vehicles at $800 each for an average delivery distance of 900 miles. The trucking company would be glad to do it for $2,500 all day every day. Leaves a lot of money on the table. GM justifies it by saying the fee covers incoming parts shipments too.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Trouble is, nobody outside of the union would believe it.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Trouble is, nobody outside of the union would believe it.
I'm not in the union and I believe it. You don't have to be in the union to understand how it functions in micro economics or macro economics. I don't claim all knowledge I just know that the folks doing the work just do the work.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pat-do you guys offer price increase insurance for your order outs? We make it std on ours (we pay as to not upset anyone 1-5 months later).
We don't offer that because with a sold unit with a deposit and signed bill of sale the customer is already price protected per Chryslers rules in the gold book.

2nd, what vehicle takes 5 months to get to you?

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
PRICE PROTECTION
Bona fide sold orders obtained by you prior to December 27, 2011 will be price protected provided that:
THE CUSTOMER NAME APPEARS ON THE FACTORY ORDER PRIOR TO SHIP DATE (KZ); the vehicle
is delivered to the ordering customer within (10) calendar days after being received by the dealer (X date)
and the sale is reported to Chrysler Group LLC under the DealerCONNECT system within 2 calendar days
of the sale.
You must claim price protection by inserting the price protection program number on the Exception Claim Entry
Screen when reporting the sale. Use program number 27EC6.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I do not think this will be the only price increase for the 2012 before they start the 2013, it happen to the 2011 back in April.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

You are all good! you have an order in the system(you have a VON) and you won't have to worry about the $100 price increase.

·
Registered
173 Posts
We don't offer that because with a sold unit with a deposit and signed bill of sale the customer is already price protected per Chryslers rules in the gold book.

2nd, what vehicle takes 5 months to get to you?
392's when they first launched-and furious fascia. I don't think there are many now-thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
Lets face it folks........

.......... our Great Country, the US of A, is going to Hell in a basket, moraly and economically. IF we don't have a Major change in Washington this next election, we are all in trouble :nonono:

·
Registered
173 Posts
willee51 said:
.......... our Great Country, the US of A, is going to Hell in a basket, moraly and economically. IF we don't have a Major change in Washington this next election, we are all in trouble :nonono:
Um. Okay. I agree-but noting think this thread is where it should be discussed.....

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
392's when they first launched-and furious fascia. I don't think there are many now-thanks!
I wasn't trying to be a "you know what". I just don't think I have ever waited 5 months for a vehicle to come in. I'm talking time from when you actually order to the time it arrives. We didn't order any of the pink SRTs so that could be why.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts