Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 JKUR, CG, hardtop, auto, connectivity, max tow, 9000 miles. USAA price was about 35,400 in Feb, and that is what I paid.

Just for giggles, I checked USAA today - price is up to 35,900. That seems odd, you'd think this late in the model year you'd be able to get it for less.

Then I checked KBB trade-in for a 2012 in exactly the same configuration (since 2013 trade-in values aren't available yet) - 34k. So theoretically if I wanted to trade this thing in I'd lose about $1400. Not bad for 9000 miles! You usually get killed trading in a nearly-new car.

But here's where it really gets sideways. NADA shows the trade-in value of an equivalent 2012 as $36,200. Huh? My Jeep is worth $800 more as a trade-in than what I paid for it? Hmm ...

Something's got to be off. I suspect the NADA number in particular is unrealisitic and their algorithm just isn't that accurate for very new cars (why should it be).

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well here is your answer, nada is always high, kbb is much more realistic. JKs hold there value better than any other (that I am aware off) vehicle sold in the US.

When I was still selling, our last '12 Sahara unlimited was sitting around all these 13s. Still new, window sticker and all, only 12 miles on the odometer. KBB for that jeep with 10,000 miles was $250 higher than the msrp in the window sticker.

Gotta love jeeps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts