Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Princess Auto:
They have: winches, chains, lights, switches, wires, bolts, parts, bits, rescue straps, towing straps, bars, etc...

Is "Princess Auto"- the "Canadian Tire" of the "Off Road" scene?
They have decent prices but- how creditable is their brand name(Power Fist? Rally PF)???

As a Plumber/Business Owner, only the best quality tools, parts and brand name materials- is what I use and recommend for my customers...

Anybody out there using PA for their parts and merch?

·
Registered
4 Posts
There stuff is throw away. I go there when I need something quick. I have zero faith in any of there stuff. There best thing is there return policy is no question asked. I needed a bracker bar, i broke 2 before i was done but i got a refund.
There almost like a tool rental use it till you break it, then return it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a hi lift jack there at a wicked sale price. Just be careful to get the real hi lift brand as they put them right beside the knockoff.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I have bought stuff for the jeep from them. Recovery strap same brand as at the 4x4 shop but cheaper. 2" reciver D ring shackle same as at the Jeep shop. Just have to shop around.

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
I just bought a hi lift jack there at a wicked sale price. Just be careful to get the real hi lift brand as they put them right beside the knockoff.
What height did you get? I was there yesterday looking at the Hi Lift Jacks.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We have a Princess Auto in Niagara now but before I used to have to go to Hamilton if I needed anything from them .
They are good for things that you cant find any place else ...
I wanted a window fan ( kinda like a smoke ejector ) cuz I have the guys over for cigar night in my garage and I looked everywhere for this fan that would stay right in the window and the flaps would close when I turn it off, well they had just what I was looking for , really great place for those hard to find things IMO ...

·
Registered
19 Posts
What height did you get? I was there yesterday looking at the Hi Lift Jacks.
I got the 48" - I took the base off and it fit perfect across that little shelf behind the roll bars in my 2 door. It's just the cast/steel one but it looks like it will work fine for me.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Princess Auto:
They have: winches, chains, lights, switches, wires, bolts, parts, bits, rescue straps, towing straps, bars, etc...

Is "Princess Auto"- the "Canadian Tire" of the "Off Road" scene?
They have decent prices but- how creditable is their brand name(Power Fist? Rally PF)???

As a Plumber/Business Owner, only the best quality tools, parts and brand name materials- is what I use and recommend for my customers...

Anybody out there using PA for their parts and merch?
Is it COOL? I saw the Fonz in there the other day so it is way cool, HEY!
:happyyes:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Depends what you're looking for, really... cheap tools to get a job done in a pinch, sure. tools to use day in and day out for your career, NO.

I've got a couple of their recovery straps, they're worked well for me so far, no complaints there, AND it one does happen to break i'll just take it back! lol you really have to just pick and choose what you buy from there, little stuff is ok, but things you need to rely on on a daily basis is probably better to buy quality...

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have been shopping at Princess Auto for years and seldom have I had a problem with their products, the few times I did they stood behind their products with a very good Warranty.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We are there constantly. Haven't had ANY issues. You definitely gotta take your time and look around!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Was just there the other day, I needed 1 new snap ring for the fair lead. Had to buy a pack of 300....

Anyone need a snap ring?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts