Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short: Saved up for a down payment on a new Rubicon looked at the monthly payment walked out the dealership.

Now I have about 10k Id like to invest in an 07 Sahara Unlimited Auto tran's
Regeared to 5:13 35'' khumo tires, Cheap Rough Country 4" lift with Rancho rs9000xl's.
My thought's were to buy an Evo enforcer kit add king shocks keep it at 4'', buy a used rubicon d44 front axle beef it up, get black magic brakes, arb front&rear lockers adams 1310 shafts. and figure out what to do with steering components.

Not in that order but these were the upgrades that were crossing my mind, should I go with a different lift? I like evo;'s pro stage one but that would not leave much room for the other upgrades, then I was thinking should I go with a different lift all together...

I know it boils down to me I was just curious on a out side the box point of view or thought!

Thanks ahead of time and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

·
Registered
529 Posts
If I were you I'd still look at a newer Jeep. The 3.6l and newer transmissions provide such a tremendous increase in drivability and enjoyment that's it's very hard to pass on.

I think you might be disappointed if you put your savings into an older vehicle that it doesn't sound like was what you really wanted.

Maybe just keep saving and pick up a JL in a couple years?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a good point as well, it would suck to spend that cash only to be disappointed!
Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Also, putting that money into a 2007 will not be an investment, except in terms of potentially meeting your needs. It'll likely not increase the vehicle's value.

On the other hand, if you were to buy a Rubicon that already had some of the things you want (such as a D44 front and lockers), those items would be factored into the vehicle's value for insurance, loans, and resale.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts