Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one running either tire?

Looking for a daily driver.

Like the look of the MT, have heard it may be noisy vs. the AT.

Anyone running 315/70/17?

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
15,146 Posts
I have driven on the Pro Comp AT's... Just not on my own Jeep. They rode well and were pretty quiet. They are made by Maxxis and get pretty good reviews.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I've run the MT2 35x12.50-15 and liked them. Good road manners, worked well off road in the rocks. Had no issues with them. im sure they are louder than the AT but it didn't bother me.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm on the MT2's now and they are the quietest MT I've ever owned. However, there is still a noticeable hum in the cabin... though it seems to fade at highway speeds due to increased wind noise, etc. While audible, the hum doesn't affect conversation volume or radio, etc. Was seriously considering an "aggressive" AT but I decided I needed the increased offroad performance of a true MT tire.

Couldn't be happier with my choice.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
correct me I am wrong, but don't MT's get noisier as the tread wears away? They do on my Deegan 38's

·
Registered
70 Posts
They definitely can. I don't know whether increased noise is inevitable but consistent (and frequent... every 1500 miles for me) rotation reduces the effect quite a lot. Alignment also comes into play...

But it's also important to note that the same happens with AT tires under similar conditions. Even a mild AT will make a lot of noise if it becomes cupped, etc.

·
Super Moderator
15,146 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts