Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about lifting 3.5 and not sure which one would be best? Rubicon superflex short arm or procomp lift stage 2 with mx6 shocks? If rubicon then what shocks would be best because it doesn't come with shocks? I will be running 33's it's a daily driver and light offroad. Mostly trails nothing to extreme? Thanks

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Rubicon express has come a long way since they went under and came back. That's where my vote would be. Can't go wrong with bilstine shocks

·
Registered
273 Posts
If I'm not mistaken doesn't pro comp own RE now. I just installed the 4.5 super flex with the mono tubes and I would def suggest going with better shocks like bilisteins

·
Registered
188 Posts
IF u didnt know this but the rubicon express mono tubes are actually beilstien 5100s thats what the part number said when I got them in the mail when i ordered my 4.5ft 3.5rear Super flex kit

Go thru 4x4groupbuy they have a deal going on get a free SYE & CV from Tom woods when u buy a Superflex kit and call them so u can custom everything like adj lower arms added for 69 bucks

heres a photo of mine now with 35s

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just ordered a RE superflex with RE shocks. Thanks for all the input and I can't wait to put the lift in !

·
Registered
74 Posts
so u can custom everything like adj lower arms added for 69 bucks
+1

My dad and I both have RE 4.5 with Billstein 5100s.

I bought my lift with adjustable lowers, and we just converted his.

Did you get the adjustable lowers? If it's not too late, you'll probably want to, (for the front).

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I have the pro comp with mx6 shocks and am happy.. plus the warranty you get does give you some piece of mind.
Dana

·
Knows a couple things...
49,630 Posts
The last control arms I would run are like what comes in ProComp's Stage II kit which is similar to what Tera's first generation arms are also like. Their arms use bushings in both ends which are very stiff and don't flex even as well as the OE arms do. Really. A common problem that occurs with that type of arm design, due to their lack of flex, is they can and do tear the control arm brackets away from what they are welded to if you do trails more uneven than a fire trail.

Between those two lift brands, I'd definitely go with the RE.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I just ordered a RE superflex with RE shocks. Thanks for all the input and I can't wait to put the lift in !
Let me know how the install goes! 4x4groupbuy has some great prices on RE kits... Very tempting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts