Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i was just doing some messing around and noticed Pro Comp has a sale going on for there wheels. By 4 and get 75 bucks back on rebate. So with that said im thinking on pulling the trigger on some 7069s.

Here are the wheels im looking at.

Pro Comp Alloy Series 7069 - Flat Black - Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Wheels - Aluminum Wheels - Wheels - by 4 Wheel Parts

I just used this site to show the rebate I know there are better deals out there. Also can you call and get a better deal on wheels than whats listed? I know that there is significant markup in lift kits but not sure on wheels?

I'm going with a 2.5 inch lift and have everything picked out. I was looking to buy around Christmas time as i figured some better deals and rebates may be out but with this rebate i mind as well get started now.

Ill be getting 35s (not sure on brand yet) so im trying to decide between the 17 inch or 16 inch wheel with the 7069.

Any opinions or reviews of this wheel would be great. Really im am looking for someone to say your an idiot if you don't buy these now.

Thanks again guys I'm planning on pulling the trigger here asap as the deal ends the 31st! :dance:

·
Registered
178 Posts
I have these wheels in 16". I love them. They look great and if you dig a rock into them onthe trail like I did, a little can of Rustoleum flat black matches perfectly. I got the Procomp Xtreme MT's 315/75/16. Very happy with this setup. I can put up a pic later.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have these wheels in 16". I love them. They look great and if you dig a rock into them onthe trail like I did, a little can of Rustoleum flat black matches perfectly. I got the Procomp Xtreme MT's 315/75/16. Very happy with this setup. I can put up a pic later.
yeah pics would be cool man lol

Do 16s cheaper rim and tire and let those turds at basil put them on for ya lol
lol that was my plan :)

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Good looking rims.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was awesome working at a dealer with lifts an stuff a 45 min home job turns into a 10-15 ship job awesome stuff
lol ill be doing everything at home. I want to learn how everything works :)

·
Registered
894 Posts
Joe @ Quadratec had the best price I could find on a set of 5 delivered. These are the wheels I am going with. However I am still debating on 16" or 17". I know the benefits of the 16" with lower tire cost. But the backspacing has me double thinking:

17x9 has 4.75" of BS
16x8 has 4" of BS

Also a few posters have mentioned that their Duratracs don't provide a good contact patch with an 8" wheel. I guess it depends on the tire but the post I read was that no matter what psi he went with, the outer knobs were not in contact with the ground and he thought the center would wear very quickly due to the short width of the rim. Would a 9" wide wheel be able to support a larger tire width variety?

In short I decide on the 7069 in flat black. Now gotta decide on 16" or 17". I'm getting the wheels then deciding on tires in 33". That will be a lot harder.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ill give quadretec a call then. Im thinking the 17x9 honestly just because of the backspacing. I dont want to have wheel spacers if i dont have to and i like the look compared to 16s. You scared me with the tire not making complete contact with the pavement lol. Im thinking the 17x9 in that case

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have these in 17's on 33's with a 2.5" lift. they are great looking wheels. Been wheeling once so far and they were great. Wheel and tire combo are fairly quiet, great handling. Love them.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh I did it all its just so much easier to put rims on with a lift jacks and stuff are such a pain
lol i agree. Im sure ill plan a sunday out and go in with my dad to get it all on

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
Hub centric means the center bore is machined to just pass over the hub. This centers the rim.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hub centric means the center bore is machined to just pass over the hub. This centers the rim.
so are these wheels bad? lol as in they wont center?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Jackster. Just installed a 2 1/2 RC lift. 285/75/16 pro comp 7069. If you look at tire rack Morris will match. Especially if you are going to buy a lift through them as well. My total for lift wheels and tires and lugs droppedmtt door was 1900.00

1 - 20 of 32 Posts