Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this nice 6sp rubicon in mind it already has lift tire bumpers winch a not great stuff but at least it would be set up,, MY only concern is the pro comp lift. I don't know for sure but I suspect i has cams and other less desirable elements I am not even sure if it has longer travel shocks or just added bumpstops. It looks like its a bout a 3.5 inch lift
so here is the question'
assume the worst cams short shocks etc
what else would have to be done and a guesstimate on cost. I know it was put on through the dealer as it is a new Jeep

I kno I know not a lot of info to go on.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
So your about to buy a 30-40k jeep with a low end lift.... that you will have to redo.. find a stock jeep and do it right the first time.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fantasy thinking

So your about to buy a 30-40k jeep with a low end lift.... that you will have to redo.. find a stock jeep and do it right the first time.
I was just considering it because it is a 6 sp has winch bumper wheels and tires and was wondering what I might have to do. Not sure if annoys it is any good or not. My preferred lift would be an aev 2.5 or OME HD

·
Super Moderator
8,237 Posts
Dealers never address gears. They will put on a big lift with zero in way of geometry correction/control arms. They will add a $500 winch and charge you triple that. Or they put 35 inch street tires and 20 inch rims on an offroad rig.

I vote buy a stock rig and build it yourself. Will probably be cheaper and better quality.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aev jeeps

This jeep has the 410 gears and the 6-sp they are only asking 3grand over invoice for the bumpers wheels and tires pro comp at extremes so all in all its not a bd package especially at 3grand not what I would prefer but not too bad. I was trying figure out if I can get the pro comp stuff straightened out for under a thousand. and since I will be broke after buying it I won' be upgrading it for a while. It took me almost 4 years to finally get my o8 to the pint where it is pretty decent. ome lift bumper winch side bars etc.
some dealers though doit right there are several around hear with all AEV gear nicely set up lift wheels nice tires front rear bumper and interior. I think all of that could be done for 10 k and it is warrantied. but your right they are adding 20 k to t he sticker and I personally would never ever pay that

but it is all moot as I have to sell my high mileage 08 first. 114,000
if you haven't looked a 6-sp is hard to find I'd say about 1 in 20 to 3o jeeps is ordered that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts