Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone show me the tool you use to unscrew the headlight bezels on a TJ?? I can't find the right one..

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
No question is a dumb question.
I am trying to change a flat tire. An 11/16 socket was too small; a 13/16 was too big. Do you think I should try a 3/4?

Should I do the job in the dark? Or use a flashlight?

What size batteries does a D-cell flashlight use?

Do you know the number for 1-800-Flowers?

And my favorite not-so-smart question from O'Reillys: Is your Jeep Wrangler two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive?

·
Registered
157 Posts
tangofox007 said:
I am trying to change a flat tire. An 11/16 socket was too small; a 13/16 was too big. Do you think I should try a 3/4?

And my favorite not-so-smart question from O'Reillys: Is your Jeep Wrangler two-wheel drive or four-wheel drive?
There is a two wheel drive wrangler actually...saw it for sale at my dealers in Augusta ga

·
Registered
496 Posts
tangofox007 said:

Got a comedian up in here. :|

·
Registered
1,614 Posts

no
yes, no
no
probably

you're welcome

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Scottdozerjeep said:
There is a two wheel drive wrangler actually...saw it for sale at my dealers in Augusta ga
Those are only JKs. The real Jeeps never had the opinion to be 2wd.

·
Registered
690 Posts
TJspeed said:
Those are only JKs. The real Jeeps never had the opinion to be 2wd.
Not so.... You could always buy a two wheel drive jeep all the way back to the mb38 and cj2a, cj5-7 and yj and tj.... But I would never but a two wheel drive jeep, that is like buying a car with no motor....

·
Registered
690 Posts
tangofox007 said:
There has always been a option for two wheel drive Jeeps in every model CJs, YJs, and TJs and now the JK....

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
ken78744 said:
Not so.... You could always buy a two wheel drive jeep all the way back to the mb38 and cj2a, cj5-7 and yj and tj.... But I would never but a two wheel drive jeep, that is like buying a car with no motor....
I have never heard of or seen a 2wd TJ, YJ or CJ. I know the XJ came as 2wd

·
Registered
690 Posts
tangofox007 said:
Evidently, the folks who wrote the TJ service manuals were unaware of said option.

What front axle did the 2wd TJ have?
It just has a solid bar in place of a front axle still has upper and lower control arms and stuff just no live axle.... I had a friend in highschool his day bought a two wheel drive tj for 2,500 with only 20k miles and made it 4wd it only took him about two months working on it on the weekends....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts