Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if by disconnecting one end of the sway-bar and the driver side no longer becomes attach t passenger...
What is the purpose in needing to disconnect both sides is what I’m getting at.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Depending on how you have your swaybar adjusted (angle from parallel to the ground), there will be a little binding either at full compression or full droop on the connected side. You "might" also have a little interference with the tire on the disconnected, but still moving kassuming non-Rubi), side, in certain situations, but that may be more theoretical than real. OTOH, it takes 45 seconds to disconnect the other side and secure the swaybar on that side, so there's not much motivation to leave it connected.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
The Rubicon electric bar has both ends attached all the time and disconnects in the middle. I haven't done any measurements flexing, but I haven't noticed any difference between the electric disconnect and manually removing both ends.

·
Registered
817 Posts
The end that is still attached will limit the suspension travel extension.

·
Super Moderator
22,104 Posts
The Rubicon electric bar has both ends attached all the time and disconnects in the middle. I haven't done any measurements flexing, but I haven't noticed any difference between the electric disconnect and manually removing both ends.
I have and no difference on the rti ramp. I would have sworn there would be but ramp tells me otherwise.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I have and no difference on the rti ramp. I would have sworn there would be but ramp tells me otherwise.
At what angle do you have your sway bar that it doesn't invert when wheeling, or on a ramp? Mine did at about +6*.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
22,104 Posts
At what angle do you have your sway bar that it doesn't invert when wheeling, or on a ramp? Mine did at about +6*.

Mark

As one who fubarred a jk’s flexlink because I did not manually disconnect I would say mine are over ~+10-15* that was with really long coils and shocks 3.5 rk coils and ~29” rancho shocks I am not running anything near that now so I don’t worry about it flipping.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
As one who fubarred a jk’s flexlink because I did not manually disconnect I would say mine are over ~+10-15* that was with really long coils and shocks 3.5 rk coils and ~29” rancho shocks I am not running anything near that now so I don’t worry about it flipping.
Thanks man. I'm at 10* now, but I think I'm going back to flat, and just manually disconnect on all but the easiest of trails. The irritating thing is, my jeep isn't setup aggressively, at all - 2.5" RK lift with Fox shocks, 35" tires - and unless I crank the swaybar up stupid high, I'll tear up links.

Mark

·
Super Moderator
22,104 Posts
Thanks man. I'm at 10* now, but I think I'm going back to flat, and just manually disconnect on all but the easiest of trails. The irritating thing is, my jeep isn't setup aggressively, at all - 2.5" RK lift with Fox shocks, 35" tires - and unless I crank the swaybar up stupid high, I'll tear up links.

Mark
yes good plan. there are times when I want to be disconnect traveling 45 miles down a washboard dirt road so manual discos make sense for sure.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Really my biggest gripe with the rubicon disconnect. The 18mph limit gets annoying at times.
I have a Rubicon and manually disconnect the sway bars any time I know I could be moving faster than 15mph. Sometimes I even do it rock crawling because I swear it works better.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,634 Posts
I’ve bent swaybar links with the Rubi swaybar disconnected. It can happen at full articulation. Better to disconnect both if rock crawling.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts