Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys help me out, I took my jeep out the other day and it idles fine and drives fine when its cold but after it warms up it acts like it wants to die. Its like its not getting fuel or something. What could be wrong?

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Ok guys help me out, I took my jeep out the other day and it idles fine and drives fine when its cold but after it warms up it acts like it wants to die. Its like its not getting fuel or something. What could be wrong?
I'm thinking it could be the O2 Sensor/Sensors. They aren't used in determining the fuel/air mix until they come up to temperature. If you take it to a shop they should be able to tell you if they're bad or not. Good Luck!

-Ryan

·
Registered
29 Posts
rotor cap

I have a 97 tj 2.5 and when i start it of a morning and drive it it does fine but after t sits for 3 or 4 hours you have to crank it longer than usual to start , do you think it could be the disbributor and rotor button too. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY REPLYS ON THIS QUESTION ON THIS FORUM

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a 97 tj 2.5 and when i start it of a morning and drive it it does fine but after t sits for 3 or 4 hours you have to crank it longer than usual to start , do you think it could be the disbributor and rotor button too. I HAVE NOT HAD ANY REPLYS ON THIS QUESTION ON THIS FORUM
It may be. My rotor cap was very bad I don't see how my jeep was even running. It only costed me like 50 bucks for rotor cap and button. They both where bad. I would try changing it.

·
Registered
785 Posts
50 bucks...wow.. i just ordered a cap and rotor button. cost me 15 bucks on amazon. oh well glad you got it fixed....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Turns out it was the ignition coil. Had about 6 cracks in it. Which explains the sputtering on and off. Especially when it rained! Runs great now and started right up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts