Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished puttin on my 4" rc lift and it looks great. i pulled it out of the garage and i felt like i had very little power, especially when i took it for a test run, right down the road a bit. I had little power and it felt like the clutch was slipping.. but i have a hydrolaulic clutch.. when i shifted into 3rd especially it just winded out and i lost most power til i went to fourth.. then it was OK again. any suggestions or advice? much appreciated!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
repeatable, i drove down the road a little, turned around and it did the same thing on the way back.. i didnt actually try starting it up and driving it again..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just jack up the rear (Use jack-stands under the axle so you are at 'ride hieght') and turn the wheels by hand, and just backtrack the drive train to find out whats resisting....simple really...I'm thinking the cable might be tight cause of the exsessive lift. [Also check that your steering column is not bound from the lift cause that happens too!]

·
Founder, ThumbJeeps
4,062 Posts
yeah, im thinking maybe brakes to. With the 4" lift I had to install the brake line extenders. I couldn't turn the wheel or it would pinch the front rubber brake lines. I remember it took awhile to bleed them because I had to actually replace three out of four lines, and add the extenders :facepalm: the lines were pretty rusty and crusty and kept twisting...

take it around the block then see if any of the rims are warm. if so, def. brakes. I can't think of anything else that it could affect? Maybe put it in N and see if you can push it by yourself a foot or two in the driveway. If you can't, then yeah, jack it up to see what binding up.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
yeah, im thinking maybe brakes to. With the 4" lift I had to install the brake line extenders. I couldn't turn the wheel or it would pinch the front rubber brake lines. I remember it took awhile to bleed them because I had to actually replace three out of four lines, and add the extenders :facepalm: the lines were pretty rusty and crusty and kept twisting...

take it around the block then see if any of the rims are warm. if so, def. brakes. I can't think of anything else that it could affect? Maybe put it in N and see if you can push it by yourself a foot or two in the driveway. If you can't, then yeah, jack it up to see what binding up.
I would take this advice. Should fix yer problem....Let us know, good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts