Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking on road here. When it gets to raining pretty good and I hit some standing water along the right side of the road it wants to grab my right front and put me in a ditch quick fast and in a hurry.

Especially at night when you can't see standing water very well you really have to be hanging on to the wheel and paying attention.

I'm assuming it's my 33's bitting in that's giving me the wild ride but anything I can do? Better steering stabilizer maybe or is that just the way it is?

Everything is good-n-tight in the steering and suspension. No issues.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
let off the gas before hitting the puddle and let your traction control do the rest. keep your rev's (RPM) low too.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Talking on road here. When it gets to raining pretty good and I hit some standing water along the right side of the road it wants to grab my right front and put me in a ditch quick fast and in a hurry.

Especially at night when you can't see standing water very well you really have to be hanging on to the wheel and paying attention.

I'm assuming it's my 33's bitting in that's giving me the wild ride but anything I can do? Better steering stabilizer maybe or is that just the way it is?

Everything is good-n-tight in the steering and suspension. No issues.
this will happen with any vehicle but with bigger wider tires it is magnified.

this isn't a jeep problem it's physics

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
Yeah they pretty much covered it...but bigger tires are going to make this issue much worse....slow down when its raining maybe?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's pretty much what I figured. I'm not a speed demon even when it's dry. My wife drove the Jeep the other day and hit a puddle and it about scared her half to death. Though maybe there was something I could do like an upgraded steering stabilizer or something that may help a little.

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
That's pretty much what I figured. I'm not a speed demon even when it's dry. My wife drove the Jeep the other day and hit a puddle and it about scared her half to death. Though maybe there was something I could do like an upgraded steering stabilizer or something that may help a little.
IMO waste of money to "upgrade" the Steering stabilizer...if the Jeep is set up TOTALLY correct it is not even really needed....once we start adding bigger tires wheels etc we should be upgrading the steering components as well but since most of us do not there is not a large aftermarket supply of them.....and when I say steering components i mean track bar drag link tie rods ball joints etc.....Steering Stabilizer is "pretty low" on my list of needed up grades...but that is a matter of personal opinion. Good Luck!!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I have noticed it much more when I put my 12.5 wide tires on.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, mine are 12.5's. Like I said, when it's really coming down you better be on top of things or they will reach out and grab you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts