Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a curt tow package for christmas. Mo #13430. Went outside christmas morning to put it on. But on the passenger side my muffler is in the way. Has a chrome tip peice on the muffler. A.) Will I have to heat it up and bend it? B.) Anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
951 Posts
i had no issue installing mine, one bolt the muffler was slightly in the way, but i used an extension and muscled it in

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem is the muffler is directly under where the bolt that connects to the bumper. Im fixing to take it to my uncles shop. He said he is probably gonna have to heat it bend it to behind the tire and cut it if he has to. Hope it works.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Isn't there a rubber hanger for the back part of the exhaust? can you just push the tail pipe over while you install the hitch mount bolt. mine was already installed on the jeep, but looks like it's very close just like yours.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Mine was in the way as well. I used some metal strapping attached to the gas tank skid plate to move it over a little. My would rub and rattle on the exhaust pipe. It wasn't actually in the way of the mounting bolt holes. Maybe take that attachment off the pipe and try to move it enough to mount the hitch. You may have to do what I did to get the pipe to stop rubbing on the hitch.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah we just unhooked it. Put it on there and my uncle put something on that moved the muffler over for good. But thanks for the help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts