Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wiping down the inside of my engine bay because it smelled from the dry mud from the day previous, and when I had the heater on, the smell would be blown into the cab. So I was wiping it down and then started it to back it out of the garage. And now the brakes are TERRIBLE. I have to put almost all my weight down just for it to stop, if I barely ease off the pedal the jeep starts rolling and it takes a ton of pressure to stop it again...What could I have done to cause this? I did find a a hose coming off the black circular object that the brake fluid resevior is connected to, but can't find anything to plug it back into. I was thinkin it was an overflow, but I'm no mechanic...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Money! Thanks guys that was the problem...'nother question..

I went muddin Sunday and had it 4 low thinkin it would be easier to get through the puddle (new to the muddin game). So I make it through but while in it I had the engine RPM pretty high and the tires were spinnin as I was crawling through this puddle. Once I made it through I had to do a 3-point turn to get out and go around the puddle. I put it in reverse and backed up, when I put it back in drive and hit the gas, 4 low dropped out. I was able to use 4 high and get out, and once I got out I could put it back in 4 low and use it. However, now 1st gear slips...How bad did I f*ck something up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts