Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my Wrangler in summer; CarPlay worked great, even with generic cable.
Now I cannot use voice (press carplay, hit phone icon, then talk) to make calls now.
Called dealership, they said to disconnect - post on battery X20 minutes, then reconnect to hard boot computer?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
860 Posts
Well, do what they say and see if it works. I know there's been updates to the system. My android phone works great with it, and my daughter with an iPhone actually uses it quite a lot to text speech and no complaints.

Last time I went, the dealer did a flash to the system.

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought my Wrangler in summer; CarPlay worked great, even with generic cable.
Now I cannot use voice (press carplay, hit phone icon, then talk) to make calls now.
Called dealership, they said to disconnect - post on battery X20 minutes, then reconnect to hard boot computer?

Any ideas?
Did u recently upgrade to the new ios13?

·
Registered
821 Posts
But its Apple, I thought they just all worked???
Yep ios13 is causing a bunch of issues, I have 80+ phones at work, of the 20 that did the update 5 are working currently, like even booting right now.
Its a headache to say the least

·
WF approved Offical Jeep Account.
1,567 Posts
Hi @pdelomel,

We're sorry to hear that you are having these complications with Apple CarPlay. If you would like additional assistance, please send our team a private message with your VIN, mileage, and contact information.

Darlene
JeepCares

·
Retired Moderator
100,450 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Quick question that I don’t think needs a new thread, does the upgraded head unit (either 7” or 8.4” have a crossover and EQ built in? I’m guessing no, as it probably set up for what the Jeep has.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
i guess i dont know what a crossover is then ...
Crossover allows, you to change the frequency’s of music at particular speakers. For example, only allowing the low end spectrums of music to go to a subwoofer, while making sure not to allow those low end frequencies to go to say tweeter (or even small speakers) as it might damage them.

I’m assuming it built in and locked, even with the Alpine upgrade.

I really like the 8.4” screen, but it’s a deal-breaker for me if it doesn’t have an adjustable crossover and full EQ. Even inexpensive aftermarket head units have that now.

Looks like just any double din unit won’t fit. Evidently it must be a “shallow” one. I’m not sure how many shallow 8.4” aftermarket head units there are. But that is likely by design on Chrysler’s part. Yes, I’m typing this while wearing my tin foil hat 😉

·
Registered
47 Posts
Crossover allows, you to change the frequency’s of music at particular speakers. For example, only allowing the low end spectrums of music to go to a subwoofer, while making sure not to allow those low end frequencies to go to say tweeter (or even small speakers) as it might damage them.

I’m assuming it built in and locked, even with the Alpine upgrade.

I really like the 8.4” screen, but it’s a deal-breaker for me if it doesn’t have an adjustable crossover and full EQ. Even inexpensive aftermarket head units have that now.

Looks like just any double din unit won’t fit. Evidently it must be a “shallow” one. I’m not sure how many shallow 8.4” aftermarket head units there are. But that is likely by design on Chrysler’s part. Yes, I’m typing this while wearing my tin foil hat 😉
These things are not just stereos any more. They are computers that are integrated with the whole vehicle. With third-party head units you are going to give up a lot of functionality.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
With the head unit you can control the backup camera, the cold weather features, uconnect services, remote start settings, etc.
I’ll have to do some more looking at what the “etc” is. Aftermarket units can,

Control backup (or forward) cameras
I would not get “cold weather” package if I bought (live in Texas)
My JK is manual. If I go JL it will also be manual (thus no remote start).

Many of the aftermarket units also show you to vehicle information such as oil temps and other vehicle information.

My Pioneer (very inexpensive unit) does voice command and such.

I like the 8.4” screen. But I see not available in the Wrangler I’m looking at. And if the 7” screen has no crossover/EQ, I’m not seeing an advantage over aftermarket.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts